Friday, July 6, 2007

I have a blog on Xanga. I've had it since 2003 and it seems weird that I have two. That one is closely guarded/blocked and I just haven't opened it up but to a few people who've been reading it since its beginning.

Here, I want a blog everyone can read, meaning my parents, husband, and even kids if they choose. That one, um, it's more personal.

I've made some great friends from that blog, even meeting some in person. We're a family and it's awesome. One girl is young, she's a songwriter, and is very artistic. She gives me hope sometimes when I have none, and today she wrote this:

"I will take nothing from yesterday but the lessons;
The only baggage I shall carry to tomorrow is hope;
I shall live today with perseverance to attain my hopes
And allow my lessons to guide me."

I don't know if it's from a song or what, but isn't it amazing? The line about the only baggage carried to tomorrow is hope--wow! It's moving and sometimes, I need that reminder.

*****
I'm doing a fast from the 40-Day Fast. While often times I can't donate money for hunger or world issues that move me, I love the thought of fasting and praying for such issues. I'm doing a seven-day fast and it started on Thursday. It's tough to do, but I feel myself reminded of so many things when I do it. My clarity levels are amazing when I fast, and I think emotionally and spiritually, along with physically, an occasional fast is what I need to get in check.

2 comments:

Ann said...

That is an inspiring set of lines--I like the "no baggage but hope"--though I wish I could remember more basic memories from yesterday!

Gaurav said...

oh i have some great food memories of Yuma and Mexico in general. Burritos, lemonade, termites, was probably the first person in history to illegally go into Mexico :) though it was pre 9/11.
Was a fantastic time. I never got to Tucson though.

I pray you come here and open a Tex Mex place, really. Thanks for visiting.