Thursday, July 19, 2007

Dora's Dinner

I strive to make each meal entertaining for The Princess and The Rockstar. The Rockstar prefers more adult-like food because, well, he's 14. The Princess needs more exciting things, so I plan on buying her a bento box for her lunches and will continue to strive to make things fun at dinnertime.

I have taken some photos of a few meals I've made the past couple of days. All are meatless and it's been extremely difficult for me. For one, The Rockstar refuses to eat tofu or anything soy. This has been a huge issue and I really don't know what I'm going to do with him when it comes to making sure he's nutritionally sound since he wants to be a vegetarian.

The Princess is easy. She loves anything we make, and doesn't know the difference between soy and anything else, so that's a plus, too! I really feel like I'm going to make progress. The Bento Lunchbox site has been my inspiration. I'm not nearly as good a food photographer as most people I read, but hey, it gives me inspiration and maybe it will inspire someone else out there. Or better yet, if you want better pictures, buy me a good camera! ;-)

Homemade Gnocchi with Peas and Parsley




Gnocchi is something not everyone likes. I liked it because 1) it was vegetarian, 2) It's versatile, and 3) I had a bunch of potatoes I needed to use last week and they came in handy for this recipe!
The Recipe I used was from The Food Network. The recipe is accessible from that link and it's easy! I love that. Granted, I added my own flair by adding peas and parsley, instead of the thyme, and that's okay. I have come to find out it's extremely versatile and tastes great with red, white, or just butter sauces.

(The Rockstar gave it a thumbs down. He is weird with consistencies and textures of food. The Man said it was "okay" and The Princess loved it.) Isn't Swiper the Fox so freaking cool?

No comments: