Thursday, February 7, 2008

Yesterday my friend and I were discussing finances. We agreed that the important thing to do when budgeting is to first pinpoint where your money goes.

I can comfortably (and shamefully) say there have been months when $1000 has vanished from our accounts on what I term "little things." Little Things add up, my friends. Be smart and figure out what your "Little Things" are.

My goal has been to find out where my money goes. My friend said it well, "YOU control your money, your money doesn't control YOU." Once I control it, I can then go forward with saving it and applying it where needed. It's interesting when you look at it as she stated, huh?

Tip for Today: Don't be afraid to search Freecycle or Craigslist for selling items. (Craigslist=sell, Freecycle=free stuff to donate or pick-up.) People want to help and want to help others. As long as you're cautious and use common sense in pick-up or communication (safety issues), these can be great websites! Craigslist is also a great resource for local garage sales.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

great tips!! I use craigslist often.