Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Yahoo Finance had a great short article today on saving money. I think this recession has made people reconsider their spending habits. Often times in this country, we're told to spend more to keep our economy afloat, but it's time to realize that isn't cutting it in most homes these days.

In times of recession, it isn't always possible. I feel for people that cannot afford gas to get to work. Personally, I know families that are struggling in ways they never have before, and I continue to offer prayers to them. With my blog, I hope I can shed some light changing spending habits and learning to save for the future. Having friends in this situation has given me the desire to help those like them and others as well.

Today's Yahoo Finance Article
http://finance.yahoo.com/banking-budgeting/article/104346/Eight-Ways-to-Cut-Back-Without-Sacrificing

Interesting Tidbit: Our library breaks down how much money we save when we use the library versus buying books. Since December, we've saved $521.08 just checking out books!

1 comment:

Ann said...

Great article! Problem is, we already do most of those things. Now if only I could convince DH to use a CD library instead of buying them....