Sunday, February 10, 2008

Church Today

Pastor Jeff did something really cool today in church. He had us reflect on 2007 and asked if we'd re-do anything from the last year. HELLO!! YES! Right here! Hand raised! He had us write confessions on a small paper and nail them to a cross. It represented the need to let that garbage go! Let it go!

I looked up the passage from church today and I love the Message bible. It's written clearly for those like me who don't take Bible-ese well. It says, "Forget about what's happened, don't keep going over old history. Be alert, be present. I'm about to do something brand-new. It's bursting out! Don't you see it?"

I see it.
I feel it.
And, I love that God has a plan for my life that isn't created from my past troubles and emotions.

Today, after a long time, I felt what it feels like to surrender and start fresh.

2 comments:

Ann said...

That's an awesome lesson. I'd just like an entire redo on 2007 :) Guess I need to leave it at the cross!

Unknown said...

I'm not into religion at all, but that message is very powerful. We all have issues with lugging around our baggage from whatever situation. I guess it's time to put my bags on the first bus out of town and stay here and enjoy my life without them.

Great post!!