Saturday, June 9, 2007

Peace in Chaos

My life has been so chaotic, it's a blessing to get 10 minutes to sit and write. I haven't had Internet service and I have to say, I like that! I wish there was a way to pay for 1 hour of Internet/week and just have it turned off the rest of the time.

My fast was not good. I tried it but combined with PMS, I got too cranky and didn't complete it. (Damn you chocolate!) I am going to re-start today. I've been doing so much soul searching this past week and know I will do well with the fast. I've read up on it and The Man and I discuss how many people in his family do it, even though they are Hindu. The fundamental idea is there, and I really like having that religious connection with them.

Next week, The Rockstar (my son) is going to Houston to help our church youth group with some building projects. I worry because Houston is so hot and humid. But, he loves constructing and building, so I know he's going to do well and enjoy himself. While he's gone, I'm going to design his curriculum for homeschooling next year. We have only done language arts since coming back from vacation.

I'm going to try to set some benchmarks for him, not just using a curriculum and going with it. I trust curriculums, but also know for college, I need to document the skills he's mastering. So, that's on my agenda along with making the Princess' curriculum as well. She's easier, and loves so many things. She's finally reading and is in1st grade math, but I need to work on her motor skills.

We are going to India in December-January and I want to do a blog on my preparation for that trip, but don't know if I should do it here or make another one. One goal I have is to climb the steps at Tirupati but I know physically, I so need to prepare. Has anyone done it? I need to train for it, I'm sure. (Being the lazy person I am!) I'm just wanting to look forward to something, and I think it would be really cool to do things to practice for that. I would love to do it with The Man.

Well, it's Saturday. I'm so happy today because I've done a devotional from a really good book and I'm able to start my day of fasting well and with an open heart and mind. It's tough to be like that sometimes!

No comments: