Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Call to Disney

I called Disney. Lord, help.me.now. I called Disney.

I wanted to ask about some vacation plans we have because we are going to Disneyworld/Universal Studios/Orlando in October. My kids are excited, so I get on the phone to inquire about a Halloween Fireworks thingamajiggy.

Operator: Hello, Disney Vacation somethingorother. How can I help you?
Me: Yes, I want to see when I should buy tickets to the Halloween Fireworks thingamajiggy.
Operator: We have wonderful packages! Would you also be interested in the Breakfast in Cinderella's Castle with the characters?
Me: Um, not really. Just the Halloween Fireworks thingamajiggy.
Operator: We also offer packages for the entire family.Let me ask how old your children are.
Me: They're 14 and 5, so there's a huge age difference and we're aware of that challenge. So, I just want to know about your Halloween Fireworks thingamajiggy.
((DEAFENING SILENCE))
Operator: Let me transfer you.
Me: Why?
Operator: Someone else can better assist you in this.

The conversation went on and on, and ultimately, I had a basic question...

Why the HECK is it so hard to schedule a simple ticket purchase for Halloween activities at Disneyworld?

When did this freaking thing called Disneyworld become this huge monster where parents must call on a certain day, press a certain button and be tranferred to a certain line to order Breakfast in Cinderella's Castle tickets?

My daughter loves Cinderella, but I am fairly certain she won't die a horrible and painful death if she doesn't eat breakfast with Cinderella. Besides, everyone knows Cinderella is NOT REAL! (Parents, take note. She's NOT REAL!)

So, we're going to Disney and we've already got our room thanks to The Man's employer. (Yea for huge auditing companies!) I will make arrangements for the Halloween Fireworks Thingamajiggy but that's it. I'm playing it by ear. I cannot, just cannot fathom wasting my mornings 180 days prior to my visit trying to dial Disney first thing Monday morning, 8amEST, with every human I know trying to get on the line for Cinderella Breakfast tickets. IHOP will suffice, I'm sure.

1 comment:

Meera's Blog said...

wow girl!! when did u do all these??????????its funny reading this post:)