Monday, April 14, 2008

Cardiology, Money, and Trips

We made it to Hema's annual cardiology appointment this past week in Houston. Everything is fine, thank God. She has had a narrowing of one of the major arteries in her heart but that narrowing has remained the same in size. So, we're on bi-annual visits to her cardiologist from now on! He also gave a "gentle discouragement" for her participation in any kind of karate/tae kwon do. She was slightly bummed, but it's for safety. When your chest is sensitive, nothing like that is a great idea. He suggested tap dancing and I realized he doesn't know my daughter too well. As long as he knows her heart, we're okay!

I am lovin' me some Dave Ramsey. I think he's awesome and I love his principles for money. He had a woman on that paid off $31,000 in debt in 14 months! And, she only makes about $40,000/year! I just think he's inspirational. I love anyone that lights some fire under my butt for things like that.

Lastly, we're almost certain we'll spend part of the summer in Houston and in Galveston. We also may spend some time in Ohio (Greenville, Sandusky) so that is awesome! If I know you from AAA, maybe we can meet up? Let me know!

1 comment:

Ann said...

I'm glad that Hema got a clean-enough bill of health--too bad on the karate! I'll have to let my friend know--her son was born with 3 chambers in his heart and he's had 3 reconstrutive surgeries...and I know they're thinking about Tae Kwon Do. Dave Ramsey is very inspirational!